Sunday, May 22, 2016

vegetable garden in

This weekend I did nothing but work on my garden. I cleared the grass away, turned the soil, mixed in compost and extra nutrition, planted my herb plants, planted all my seeds, tried to build a center path(NEEDS LOTS OF WORK), and put up a barrier around the perimeter to keep out rabbits and squirrels.I also added marigolds for that purpose as well as bought some Irish Spring soap which I intend to cut up and sprinkle around the garden edges to keep little cute critters away.The soil here on Long Island is fantastic.Rich and dark, full of earthworms and easy to dig. Do I miss trying to garden in New Mexico's sand and clay? No.I also filled some pots for the beautiful side garden I am working on. Columbine and other beautiful dark leafy plants, and a pot of nasturtiums.Now that it's all in, I can go back to leaf removal and finally try out my new super powerful leaf blower.

No comments:

Post a Comment